Chef William Keiser will be demonstrating his aptitude with seasonal produce and meats tomorrow at the farmer’s market in the Local Foods-Local Chefs Series.
He has already decided on a recipe for Apricot Walnut and Cranberry Stuffing, featuring bread from the local Wave Hill Bakery. This recipe will satisfy your vegetarian Thanksgiving dinner guests and you should probably make enough for everyone because it sounds yummy!
Apricot Walnut and Cranberry Stuffing
- 1 loaf Wave Hill bread (1 pound), cut into 1 inch cubes*
- 6 oz Apricot
- 4 oz Walnuts, chopped
- 1 (1 pound) cranberries
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup melted butter *or dried cubes if going into bird
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a large casserole dish.
2. In a large bowl, mix the bread cubes, cranberry sauce, apples, raisins, lemon zest, and orange zest. Season with salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, cider, and butter. Toss the egg mixture with the bread mixture until evenly moist. Transfer to the prepared casserole dish.
3. Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned.
All Recipes Property of: Chef William Keiser ® Keiser Cooks, 2009